Northern Australia Primary Health Limited (NAPHL) is a not-for-profit organisation with over 20 years’ industry experience delivering services to people and communities across Northern Queensland. We have service centers in Townsville and Mackay with satellite sites in Ayr, Bowen, Cannonvale, Cardwell, Charters Towers, Clermont, Collinsville, Dysart, Home Hill, Hughenden, Ingham, Middlemount, Moranbah, Palm Island, Proserpine, Richmond and Sarina.
NAPHL is committed to working in partnership with General Practitioners and hospitals to improve health outcomes.
Services include: Mental health services across the lifespan, Allied Health and Rehabilitation services and Closing the Gap services. All of these services are provided via outreach to rural areas.
- An Established a track record for reliability. NAPHL has delivered 104 Federal and State Government and private enterprise funding contracts totaling $64,226,480 in the past three financial years (FY), within or above specifications including into 16 rural and remote communities.
- A highly competent workforce. All clinical staff are registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or their professional regulatory body.
- Highly developed clinical and corporate governance systems. All NAPHL Board members have a diverse range of knowledge and formal governance training that they maintain through regular ongoing professional development. The Board Charter adopts AS 8000-2003 Corporate Governance-Good Governance Principles and AS/NZS ISO 31000:2009 Risk management - Principles and guidelines.
- A highly skilled Information Communication and Technology Team. Our ICT team has the experience and skills required to support business system development needs within the constantly changing health systems delivery environment. These skills include the ability to customize and integrate off the shelf and cloud based solutions to improve effectiveness through automation of repetitive processes.
- A robust financial management framework. NAPHL’s financial management framework complies with the Australian Accounting Standards and is based on the principles of value for money and effective resource management to meet community needs and expectations to the greatest extent possible.
- Certification against the AS/NZS 9001:2008 Quality Management Standard and the National Standards for Mental Health Services. NAPHL first obtained certification against the AS/NZS 9001 Quality Management Standards in 2008 and was the first organisation of its kind to receive full accreditation against the National Mental Health Standards in 2014. NAPHL continues to maintain accreditation against both standards.